Veterinary Urgent Care Services
Pet Care Veterinary Hospital Now Offers Urgent Care Services to Virginia Beach and Surrounding Areas
Pet Care Veterinary Hospital now offers Urgent Care admissions during the following times:
Monday through Friday: 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
Saturday: 7 am to 2 pm
- Call us at 757-473-0111 and describe your pet’s symptoms. A Customer Support Representative or a member of our urgent care team will give you an estimated arrival time based on our current capacity, remaining appointment slots, and your pet’s condition.
- In some cases, once we have heard your pet’s issues, you may be told to go directly to a local ER. Unlike Veterinary Emergency Hospitals, we have limited diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, and can only offer radiography (x-rays) and point-of-care ultrasounds.
- Our team will work with you and your regular vet to provide the best care possible for your pet. If you have recently seen your family vet for the same medical condition, please bring any paperwork and/or medications that you have been given. This is not required but it may save time and money, especially if we must run diagnostic tests.
- Vomiting (minor or occasional)
- Diarrhea (minor or occasional)
- Change in amount of food or water intake
- Drinking More/Less
- Acting painful, vocalizing, shaking
- Broken nails
- Skin, ear (discharge, debris, odor, twitching, scratching, shaking), nose (running, crusting, discharge) and eye (swelling, discharge, redness) issues
- Allergic reactions
- Toxic ingestions
- Change in urine color, frequency, or amount
- End-of-life consultations, humane euthanasia, and cremation services
- Difficult, rapid, or labored breathing
- Anorexia (not eating) for 12 to 24 hours
- Fractures with bone protruding from an injury site
- Turtle/Tortoise shell injuries
- Bird – Broken blood feathers
- Bird – Puffed up
- Bird and Reptile – Cloacal prolapse
- Predator attacks
- Birthing difficulties
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Not responsive to things that normally interest him/her (toys, treats, free time, etc.)
We do not offer hospitalization services after 6 pm. Patients that need continued care may be referred to a 24-hour hospital.
When in doubt – call 757-473-0111 and ask!
If you have an emergency – call
Bay Beach Emergency Veterinary Hospital (normally open 24 hours)
2476 Nimmo Pkwy #101, Virginia Beach, VA 23456
364 S Independence Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452
The Cove Center of Veterinary Expertise (normally open 24 hours)
6550 Hampton Roads Pkwy #113, Suffolk, VA 23435