Comprehensive Canine Care
Keeping Pets Happy & Healthy!
At Pet Care Veterinary Hospital, your dog’s health and wellbeing are important to us. We have developed preventive care programs for your pet that start from puppyhood and go all the way to seniority. Our goal is to catch problems early, which will give your companion the best chance at a more robust and longer life span, while at the same time giving you peace of mind when it comes to his/her health.
- Annual physical/wellness exam
- Canine Vaccinations
- Distemper—Parvo vaccine—Protects against an extremely contagious viral infection that causes severe damage to the intestines, particularly among puppies. Parvo causes serious diarrhea at its best and life-threatening shock at its worse.
- Leptospirosis—Vaccine protects against a contagious bacterium that causes liver and kidney disease. After boostering immunity is good for one year.
- Rabies—Protects against a fatal viral disease that can infect all mammals, including humans, and is transmitted via a bite or scratch.
- Bordetella—Protects against a contagious cough. Immunity is good for one year. Recommended for boarding, grooming, or obedience classes. After boostering immunity is good for one year.
- Canine Influenza Virus—Vaccination can reduce the risk of a dog contracting this contagious virus. Vaccination may not all together prevent an infection, but it may reduce the severity and duration of illness (dry, hacking cough but can progress to a moist, congested cough, lack of appetite, lethargy, discharge from the nose or eyes that may become green or thick, fever).
- General behavioral counseling
- Nutritional counseling
- Dental care
When left untreated, parasites can become life-threatening to your pet. We carry a full line of parasite prevention products to protect your pet from the following common parasites: