1. Best gift was from God. Blessed Momma to a 4 year old little girl named Esmé who is my entire world!2. I have my bachelor’s in Animal Science Pre-vet from the University of Vermont and an associates degree in Biology from Morrisville State College in NY.3. I have a 4 lb pomeranian named Chip and my new bully breed pup Moxie. And a not so feral anymore cat named Fera that I moved from California to VA.4. I enjoy the beach, hiking, live music and reading outside of work5. I grew up on a farm and have been fostering dogs and cats since childhood so my love of animals is basically in my DNA. I have worked in animal welfare and the Veterinary field for 12 years now. Greatest accomplishment was managing a large scale Trap-Neuter-Return program where i facilitated the spaying & neutering of over 11,000 cats!
- I graduated with a BS in Environmental Science at my hometown university, the University of Mary Washington.
- My favorite things to do in my free time include spending time with friends and family, raising various houseplants, playing video games, painting and being out in nature.
- Birds are my favorite pets to work with, although I love every patient I see!
- I volunteer with the Virginia Aquarium Stranding Response team and get to help take care of different marine animals including sea turtles and seals.
- My German Shepherd mix Delta, and my DMH cat Isla are the loves of my life!
- Sherry’s passion for animal welfare goes all the way back to her childhood. She helped raise many animals but the one that really sent her on her rescue mission was a kitten that she found under a stack of papers. She was able to find a forever home for the little one, something that makes her smile to this day.
- The ocean is her happy place.
- Sherry is fluent in Spanish.
- She has an Associates Degree in Math and Science and a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Pre-Vet.
- Her goal is to begin applying to vet schools in 2024.
M, T, W, Th, Fri – 7:30 am to 7 pm
Sat – 7 am to 4 pm
Sun – CLOSED