Are You Having a Pet Emergency?
Pet emergencies happen in the blink of an eye. Do you know what to do? Being prepared beforehand can make all the difference in getting your pet safely to veterinary treatment.
Here’s an informative new video to learn more about keeping your pet calm and comfortable in an emergency.
Make sure your pet first aid kit is stocked
Here are some staples
- Styptic powder
- Disposable gloves
- Triple antibiotic ointment
Phone numbers to keep in your first aid kit:
- Our front desk phone number: (757)-473-0111
- Nearest 24-hour emergency hospital: (757) 427-3214 Bay Beach Emergency. Call first!
- Pet Poison Helpline: (855)-289-0358
What to do during a pet health emergency
- Try to stay calm and assess the injury
- Use a basket muzzle or towel for safe, gentle restraint—even friendly pets may bite when in pain
- Call us for guidance, even if it’s a minor injury
Protect your pet from the unexpected
Do you have pet insurance?
We’ve found that many Pet Care family members have been very satisfied with the service and coverage they’ve received from Nationwide®. If you’re interested in protecting your pet’s health with a Nationwide pet insurance plan, visit BestPetInsuranceEver.com .