What am I passionate about?
For those who know me… I am a bit of a type A person. Not necessarily a bad thing for a doctor to be a perfectionist. This probably explains my passion for providing exemplary service. Two things I love:
1. When clients tell me that they appreciate our excellence in providing health care and how caring and friendly the hospital staff is.
2. Smiles! Our pets make us smile and I love it when the sick pet responds to treatment AND everyone, but esp. mom and dad, smiles.
A couple of the little things that keep me passionate about veterinary medicine. Was my chosen profession a calling? I just like to say, "It’s what I do."
Five Things Dr. Fisher Would Like You To Know About Him:
1. In my spare time I enjoy being outdoors. I have a knack for gardening and landscaping my yard.
2. I have been a vegetarian since August 2016
3. Have been an international speaker on exotic companion mammals all around the world including Russia, Germany and Austria China! One of the best things about these opportunities is meeting and networking with my veterinary colleagues from around the world.
4. I enjoy art and try to visit art museums whenever I am on the road for either business or pleasure.
5. I don’t watch much TV but love to read- mostly nonfiction. I find history particularly fascinating.
Peter G. Fisher grew up on Long Island, where he graduated from Syosset High School in 1972. His fascination with animals started early in life, and as a youngster he had a variety of animal companions, including dogs, cats, rabbits, hamsters, guinea pigs, ducks, chickens, homing pigeons, a turtle, and a pet pig. The pig in particular was quite a sensation in his suburban community! After high school, he attended Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, receiving a BS in animal science in December 1975. Four years of doctorate education at Purdue University’s School of Veterinary Medicine followed; he graduated in the top 10% of his class in 1980. Upon graduation, he moved to Portsmouth, Virginia, at the advice of two close college friends who already lived in the area. Four years of associate work at two area veterinary hospitals followed.
In 1984, Dr. Fisher opened Pet Care Veterinary Hospital, starting with the help of one receptionist and one assistant. His obvious love of animals, sincere compassion, and strong work ethic has helped Pet Care grow to a 7-doctor, 35+ employee facility. His special interests include exotic animal medicine, cytology, surgery, and educating clients and budding veterinarians. Senior veterinary students come from around the United States to spend several weeks of their senior year at Pet Care, observing and learning from the hospital’s seven talented doctors.
Thank you to everyone. I already thought Dr. Bean was an amazing vet when he sat on the floor with my kitties to do their exams, now I realize he cares about his patients on ALL levels, as well as their parents. I highly recommend this office.
They all were amazingly compassionate people, and truly were hurt from hearing the news. They also care for our Lesser Sulfur Crested Cockatoo that we still have and will for many years to come. They have helped with everything from checking her health after over 14 years of being at a vet clinic to getting her foods shifted over to a much more healthy diet.
Dr Hulls was very good with our 5 yr old Macaw. Explained to us very well everything he was doing or had to do. Will be bringing our Carl back when he's due...Thank You
My pet ate part of a rug and although I thought she had passed it, there was still someone her intestines. She had surgery and then we had some issues that made me nervous. The staff was wonderful when I was so stressed out and helpful when I came in (daily) with new issues.
Pet Care Veterinary Hospital has provided the BEST care for my dog. Since moving to Virginia Beach, 7 years ago, I went to 2 other veterinarian services before luckily finding Dr. Partlow and Dr. Hulls, who I credit for saving my dog's life and keeping him in perfect health. The care that the staff takes is just as if their animal patients are their very own pets. I couldn't love and trust Pet Care Veterinary Hospital more, and I highly recommend them!