Opening available for a full-time veterinary assistant in a busy, six doctor, AAHA-accredited hospital. Large, well-equipped facility. We’re looking for an exceptional individual with a strong work ethic and good communication skills. We believe someone with excellent interpersonal skills and professional deportment will find this position financially and professionally rewarding.
We’re seeking a person who’s committed to the profession and to his/her co-workers and will put forth the extra effort needed to achieve the high-quality medicine and care our clients expect. The veterinary assistant works closely with the veterinary technician and veterinarian. The veterinary assistant must be able to follow instructions quickly and handle animals in situations that may be less than ideal. They have a very significant role in freeing up the technicians to assist the veterinarian with medical procedures.
• Minimum of 2-3 years veterinary experience required
• Must adhere to uniform dress code
• Salary: $9 to $12 per hour depending on education and experience
• Scheduled performance evaluations begin at three months of employment
Benefits after three months of employment:
• Health insurance coverage for self
• Six paid holidays per year
• Paid personal leave, based on tenure with the practice (includes vacation, sick time, parental school-leave, etc.)
• Uniform allowance
• Discount for care for personally owned pets, up to established annual limits
Benefits after one year of employment:
• Participation in retirement plan
• Increase in paid personal leave
• 8 hours paid CE after 1 year